Monday 28 February 2011

WORSHIP NIGHT

Date; 02/10/2010
Begin; 02:50
As I sit to reminisce on the beauty of the Lord, I may be lost for words but this is just how I felt and still feel at this moment as I type;
God! What are you?! Looking at the heavens, the stars, the firmament, the birds, the day, the night, even how you formed me, I get dumbfounded. I don’t want to think of the challenges I’m going through now, I don’t want to tell you to take this burden off my head because although for a moment it may deeply hurt and wound my heart and make me so fragile and so forsaken, it is in it I see how strong you’ve made me. You said you won’t bring to my life anything that is beyond what I can handle. Even in these lord, even in my challenges, when I sit to ponder over them, that is when I see you…that is when I experience you because I’m left with no other option but to rely on only other but you. Not my mother, not my brother, not my friend, not my pastor, but you.
Sometimes, I feel I don’t worship you enough, or maybe I don’t even know how to give it. At times, when I feel I’m worshiping you, I get lost for words, because seriously, I don’t know what to say. I cannot memorize what I read about you; it’s more than I can contain. Occasionally the songs don’t even matter. Gosh! I get lost in wonder of you. For who else has the heavens as his throne and the earth as his footstool?! You, Lord. Greatness is an understatement. Oh bless the Lord my soul! I feel so heavy… so filled… I can’t stop the tears. It’s not tears of pain or remorse; I just can’t contain it, but I love the experience. It’s special, it’s pure, and it’s heavenly. You deserve all my heart and all my attention because there is none like you, besides you, before you, even if there was any before you, could he have done what you do? If there was any before you, would you have existed? If there was any before you, where’s he? If there was any before you, how come you are so eternal? Lord, if there was any before you, I care less to know because it is you I know and it is you I want to know…

“osoro hene, yeyi wo’aye
Osoro hene, ye da wo’ase
Ye di aseda eni kwrabea ma wo
Efirise wo na ese wo”
You know, one thing you do for me that I always acknowledge is that, whenever I encounter you…whenever I come into your presence, I never leave the same. Some come into your presence and leave with healing, with miracles, with breakthroughs. But when I encounter you, what I never forget is the freshness of spirit and the freshness of self you give me. It’s as if I’m always renewed. It’s as if the past is the past and I feel ready for a new day. It’s amazing. It’s …. My! It’s beyond what my mind can fathom. You are a good Lord and I will never regret knowing you. You are the light in my life. In you I have my being. I admit I can do nothing without you. Man may compliment me, but you complete me. Some may say I’m incomplete without my twin brother, he’s my other half, but you see, you also made him uniquely. I agree, physically he completes me, but wholly, you complete me! Lol. Wow… wow… wow!!!
“There is none holy as the Lord
There is none besides him
Neither is there any rock like our God
There is none holy as the Lord”
End; 03:44

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?