Monday 28 February 2011

a piece of my 1st book 'PASSION MY WEAKNESS... PASSION MY STRENGTH'

...
It was disturbing… it was painful… to know that those close to you would say such alarming things. But I got over all that. You want to know how? I remembered the words of my mother “do not trust anyone. No matter whom the person is; men of God, a close friend, a counselor, even your family. We are all men and no one knows the heart of man but God. Don’t even trust me…”
My twin brother said a similar thing, “a man of God is still a man”. No one on earth is perfect. We all make mistakes when it comes to our emotions and even choices. Jealousy is one evil trait of man that needs to be controlled when it arises else will yield more devastating outcomes. Why would you get jealous? Is it because you don’t have and wish you will? Or is it because you feel the one having that peculiar thing is better off? Or you feel unsafe? You are special. Your area of strength and comfort could be that person’s weak point.
There was this girl in my class back in Junior High School, and she had quite an unpleasant smell, was nosy, average and dirty. Everyone would laugh at her when she passes by or makes funny comments. She would cry like a baby when she arrives late to school and is spanked, and her younger step sister in Primary 5 ordered her about with disrespect as though she was older. One afternoon, I sat by her desk and asked her if she could confide in me. I discovered she was in a stepmother’s home and was practically a house help but has free time whenever she is in school. She made a statement which amazes me even today “I have only two (2) uniforms and about (2) pair of socks and I wash and wear them all the time. Sometimes I look at you and Curtis (who is my twin brother) and I get jealous because even your socks and your uniforms, you use a washing machine. You always look clean and neat and the teachers commend you but some of them throw insults at me because I am dirty…”
Humph! A washing machine! That will be the last thing my father would ever think of. I laughed when she said that. I told her, “listen, I haven’t even seen a washing machine and wouldn’t even know how to operate it if you tell me to. I wash with my bare hands every Saturday regardless how annoying it is. My brother and I are neat because that was how we were brought up. We make time to study not only to make our parents proud, but for our own gain and for those looking up to us…”
Some peers see my brother and me, the way we comport ourselves, our appearance, and the way we talk, and they make sudden conclusions that we are lack nothing and have nothing to worry about. Everyone has problems; even the elephant has to fight off flies.
For all you know, that thing you wish you could have, when in your possession cannot be properly handled by you. The parable of the talent makes it clear to us that, not all was given equal amount of talents. To some He gave five (5), to some two (2), and to some just one (1); every man according to what he can handle. God granted my mother her dream of conceiving two (2) sets of twins because He knew she could handle it; she has the heart for it. Someone else may have also wished the same but always conceives a single child. It isn't because God does not grant to those who always wish for twins, but maybe… just maybe, that woman or that couple cannot handle it when given to them. Be content with what you have; with what God has given to you.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?