Monday 28 February 2011

I'M HUMAN

I wasn't made to be an angel, neither was i made to be da sky, not the sea to contain fish nor the land i'm living on, not a creature to live in the woods or to be controlled by men, but i was made fearfully and wonderfully as man to live amongst my fellow beings. But would you call me ungrateful if i tell you that at times i feel being human is too demanding? Would you call me ungrateful if i tell you that at times i wish i was the wind, free without any worries...that i wish i was an angel in heaven away from earth and her challenges...that i wish i wasn't even born to see what i'm seeing, the pain, the torment, the misunderstanding, the daily challenges? If you'll call me ungrateful, then what makes you? Have you always been comfortable with who you are and what you're doing? If so, tell me, and i'll ask you how you survive. 
Yes, i've felt this way many times so you can go ahead to call me 'ungrateful', but whenever i feel this way, i'm eventually encouraged at the thought that being human is the most wonderful miracle and handiwork of God. Ask me why and i'll tell you that God didn't send His Son to die for angels nor creatures nor the wind nor the sea. He sent His Son to die for Man... For ME! If i was wind or land, i'll forever be jealous. I'll also tell you that, if i wasn't made as Man, i wouldn't have studied grammar and you probably wouldn't be reading this... If i wasn't made to be Man, i wouldn't know how it feels to fall and rise... To get hurt and healed... To feel love... To eat and be healthy... To lose and gain weight... To fight and feel remorse... I wouldn't have been here...
Naturally, i can't do away with this feeling but i can't change who i am. Do i continue feeling this way and wasting time thinking of what i could do? No. Do you know why? I've got 24hrs in a day, so have you. Abraham had 24hrs in a day, so did Isaac, and Jacob, and Esther, Paul and John. And without excuse, they were human, just like you... Just like me. Yes, that was way back in time but we're in a day where technology is said to make work easier and faster. We're in a day where it is written that "greater things" shall we do now that the Comforter, Counsellor, Helper, strengthener lives among us. But how evident is this? How expedient is this? I don't know about you, but as for me, i'll forever be grateful i was made human, that i GO THROUGH challenges and not just IN challenges, meaning, if i go through something, there's an entrance and an exit. It's only temporary. I'll forever praise my Father and Maker for making me human cos i enjoy every attribute it comes along with... And above all else, i find solace in this: God made me in his own image and likeness, gave me dominion over every creature on earth, even when i fall, he's just there to keep me up again and despite anything i do, He still keeps reminding me of how his unconditional love still flows... What more could i be appreciative of, but being Human... But being what God made me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?