Monday 28 February 2011

INEXPLICABLE LOVE

"I shall die 4 my love", said the Romeo of this poem
"Declare your stand once more 4 you will know
I am trying 2 be lenient", the antagonist boasted
As he enjoyed every moment of Romeo's torture
Thou only folly is 2 keep on loving her
No! Thou folly is breaking a love which has done no single blunder 
Because thou jealous heart burns with scorn

"Enough! You son of mean society!
Your punishment is 2 be burnt at the stakes"
"Fear not, be anxious not, 4 thou only burn
My temporal fleshly appearance but my love is eternal"
And the antagonist caught a glitter on his cheeks and Romeo spoke;
"I have never loved anything or anyone very much like her
Our love blossomed like the flower in the spring
Until the scorching sun of the summer invaded our peace
Even now that i am faced with unjust judgment
I have no regrets loving her"

Then streams of tears run down the rosy cheeks
Juliet of this poem speaks;
"Oh Great Majestic Ruler, be patient with thou rule
4 he is the breath that sustains my life"

"Fear not, Juliet! I know very well
That we shall meet in a far away place where our love shall unite
Yes! Sweet reunion oh my Juliet
How soon we shall leave this mortal world of envy"

"Tie him up 2 the logs!'', the antagonist shouted, with delight on his face
"4 my plans have fallen into place"
Then silence filled the multitude gazing
'twas a silence of injustice
Even the men who carried out the order felt a shrill in their souls
4 once and still, injustice was abt 2 be served hot

And so they tied him 2 the soggy logs
Which waited 2 smoke the hero of pure love
Agonies and sobs of reunion filled the place 
As the logs were set ablaze

Ne'er again will there be a perpetuator
Of love so inexplicable
Of love so divine
Of love so pure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?