Monday 28 February 2011

LET GO!

There are some stuff about me that i want to let go. But honestly, it isn't that easy; it's easy taking such a decision knowing that it will actually not be an easy task... it's easy writing it down and believing it will be done by all means... it's actually easy the 1st day, then the 2nd, then the 3rd... maybe the 4th... then i miss my old self... but then i say to myself " i know I can do it". Someway somehow i find myself in situations that practically make me do the things i used to do and it takes a while to come back into realizing that i shouldn't be where i am... that I'm to let go and move on... that i am to grow up. I don't know about you but I'm not perfect... at all.Those little things I want to let go may be so trivial... so insignificant in your sight, and in many ways but unknowingly, i find myself thinking about them, trying to find ways of letting go.

But then in my overshadowing thoughts, i realize if i psyche my mind to it, i can make it happen... no one else but i can make it happen. But then again, the question to why it's so difficult taking that step is weighing me down. Instead of finding solutions to my prevailing situation, instead of getting up and moving on, instead of trusting myself and my abilities, the question of why it will be a difficult task still takes on the limelight.

I love who I am and what I do, but just like periodically and strategically you'll have to update your anti-virus and scan your PCs and other gadgets to keep them in good shape as the days go by, so do I need to scan and update my system... my life... and so do you. Don't know about you but I wouldn't want to be outdated...  i need to clean up my system, i need to move on. My mind tell me it's not easy, but my maker tells me to only believe. Is it that difficult only to believe? To convince yourself that you already have something that physically you don't, is it that difficult? Recently, I was about asking a necessary favor from someone close which i knew realistically won't hold. My mother always told me, "he's human, just ask". You may not understand why I did what I did but i couldn't ask that favor for 2mths, maybe i didn't understand why... oh I do! FEAR... the fear of being disappointed. Then I asked and there it was... DISAPPOINTMENT. Then mom said, "you talk about faith everyday yet you don't act it out". I told her i was just being realistic, then she told me, "what is being 'realistic?' Isn't God real? Why would he tell you to have faith;

James 2:17
So also faith, if it does not have works (deeds and actions of obedience to back it up), by itself is destitute of power (inoperative, dead).
AMP

Then i went into deep thought, embracing and understanding the whole aspect of faith in a totally different perspective. It took a night for God to change the mind of the person i made the request to. I believe my understanding of faith and working on it contributed to that miracle. After that incident, i knew i could actually do anything i psyche my mind to do and most importantly have faith in.

I can do this... I can let go... I believe I can and I will... I'm not promising myself a smooth road but I'm assured of success. I have to scan and update  my system to get there... I need to grow... I need to let go... And i believe i can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?