Tuesday 10 January 2012

TRADING A PIECE FOR PEACE

I'm an addict!
WOW... That went easy

Ok let's try this again

I am an addict
A Coca Cola addict
And I'm not proud of it

Chilled sweaty shape like me
Can have you anytime I please
With a few cedis
You satisfy my need

I'm just a straight girl
In love with a curved her
Don't judge me
It's just a lil piece of me

She's hottest when cold
But never knew she'll leave me lone
Too soon
Right when I was falling deeper
She was attaching harder

My eyes lusted for her
My tongue couldn't have enough of her sweat
But her favourite spot
My stomach walls

Ulcer, Tricia
Said the doctor
Too much carbon dioxide
Go low or no on the coke
And anything C-O-2

Three days of her absence
And I felt I would die if not had her
Then I sneaked one night to see her
She met me with a smile and said

"I missed you much"
On her favorite spot with a hard embrase
Just then I felt pain
Pain that felt like... Pain

What will it cost anyway
Trading a piece of my desire for her
For strength in health
Or have her forever
And continue to suffer





INSPIRATION: Consequences of addiction (Coca Cola) for some years and the effects it caused to my system. Addiction is never a comfortable place to be. It's a sweet killer. It's as equally enjoyable as much as the addict knows it's killing him/softly. Probably it isn't just drug addiction but addiction to other objects or things. In any way, it's no good news

1 comment:

  1. This is an interesting take on a mundane subject. The poem goes right through with a touchy story of - forbidden love?

    I noticed a typo; "embrase" may be "embrace"

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?