Saturday 3 December 2011

EASE MY ITCH

The itch at my back feels at ease
When a different hand scratches it
Masculine... Bold
Clean black
Hairy at the back of his palm
A week old grown manicure
That's the kind of hand my itch prefers

Dependence in independence
I need you for my unseen itch
To put me at ease?
No! To put my itch at ease
For the itch I see
I scratch

Scratch me hard
Hard enough to ease my itch
But soft enough
To make me feel at ease
And make me know you've got my back

**the central idea of this poem is the satisfaction of cravings. I realised in relationships, be it friends or couples, every individual has a specific need to be met by the other party. In this poem, I need my itch to be scratched...an itch I can't see, obviously at my back cos the ones I can see, I scratch. I want peace. I need peace. And I cannot do it alone so I had to employ a hand, not just any hand but that's compatible to my itch; a man who can give me peace with his touch... With his push... With his support since I was already standing and independent before he stumbled in... **

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea behind this poem. I saw it in the first few lines, (glad the title didn't betray it) and the note on the poem confirmed it.

    I love the ease of thought, and the internal consistency of the poem. It takes you where it wants you to go. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?