Monday 18 April 2011

JUST EXPRESSING...

I need not tell you how blessed you are to be alive, need I? I need not tell you how pretty or beautiful you to believe it, need I? Oh! I guess you only love hearing it over and over. Well, I actually didn't want to, but writing it just did... Oops... this ink!
The first day someone told me, "wow! You're such a writer..." my response was "ok" [whiles giggling]. I didn't know why I did that. I guess it's because I didn't believe it... it's because I saw it as a HUGE THING... /smiles/. But amazingly, I found myself writing all the time. Not weird...

Then it started feeling deep... personal... different... I couldn't just write about anything anymore... I could only be inspired by my emotions. Now, that was HUGE. Yes, I read Literature in Junior High School but this felt so different. It felt so... different! The pen's now my 2nd bff cos someway somehow, my own writing inspires me, chastises me and empowers me to get me going.

In growing up, I settled singing in God's house was my only department in God's business. Now, I know of another. Writing. Hmmm... It's not easy. Multitasking, I mean. But c'mon, this is God's business we're talking about. It's as if I've got an option, I don't... Well, maybe I have but I choose not to even consider it. At church one Sunday, my youth pastor said during his session, "look at these twins, Curtis and Patricia. I see them and I see 5-talented people..." I started to wonder, how did he see what he saw? What did he actually see? What is he talking about? For some reason, instantly it felt heavy. Don't know how my brother felt though...

Take this: I may not have unveiled all my talents but I'm aware of 2. Are you? What are you doing about it? Do you think God will be satisfied with what you're doing now with what you have? God wouldn't look at you empty handed and give you a task. No! Even the hands you see are useful in his house. Ask yourself, how many lives have I inspired? How many souls have I saved? How many times has God smiled at me?

He's coming like wildfire. Don't live your life as if nothing is at stake. The things you're doing now can't be compared to those you don't know yet cos you haven't tried. When you get to a foreign land, I bet your inquisitive nature stirs up, pushing you so hard to explore and get to know anywhere... everywhere. Why can't you do so here? Why are you so stuck to one thing... To one place...

You've been resting for too long. As for me, I think my brain's had enough rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?